Tips for Having Good Spine Health
Your spine is a complicated system composed of vertebrae, discs, nerves, and muscles, and it is vital to keep this system healthy, or it could impact your everyday life. When you begin to experience pains or discomfort, you may consider looking into receiving a chiropractic adjustment to help alleviate pain. A chiropractic adjustment is moving joints beyond their passive range of motion by means of a sudden thrust or impulse. Many clients of our spine specialist in Huntington, NY, report feeling Picard Chiropractic, is able to help with many spinal related issues. Maintaining spinal health is important, and we have tips to help you do that!
A great way to help maintain spine health is to allow it to rest at the end of the day properly for people who sleep on their backs, placing a pillow beneath the knees at night to relieve the stress on the lower back. Side sleepers should place a pillow between the legs at the knee. Spine specialists in Huntington, NY, recommend sleeping on a firm or medium-firm mattress to assure a straight spinal position.
Ergonomic Office Chair
Ergonomics of your office chair prevents spinal issues caused by sitting in your office for extended periods of time. There isn’t anyone ergonomic office chair that is the “best,” but the chair you choose should have the following features:
- Adjustable height, preferable a range of 16” and 21”.
- Adequate seat width and depth to allow comfortability and ensure your back is up against the backrest of the chair.
- A seat should have enough padding to ensure comfortability throughout your workday. A breathable-fabric material is preferable over a hard seat.
Your diet is a great way to promote spinal health. There are many foods that can promote spinal health. Spinal specialists in Huntington, NY, recommends pursuing the following diet changes to further ensure spinal health.
- Incorporating plant-based proteins to ensure you receive necessary nutrients without causing inflammation is usually caused by animal-based proteins.
- Add herbal teas to your daily diet. Not only are they soothing to the body, they reduce inflammation while also boosting your immune system.
- Turmeric, commonly found in Indian cuisine, can help wounded tissues heal better and quicker.
Spine specialists in Huntington, NY, believe engaging in daily exercise promotes spinal health. Simple exercises you can start today include:
- Stretching routines that focus on your back, hamstrings, and abdomen.
- Strengthening exercises focusing on your abdomen
Picard Chiropractic - Spine Specialist Huntington, NY
Maintaining the health of your spine and the surrounding muscles is crucial for living a pain-free life. When your spine health begins to deteriorate, or you suffer an injury, contact our spine specialist in Huntington, NY. Dr. Picard is a knowledgeable chiropractor who can evaluate your issues and develop a plan for treatment to help rehabilitate your injury or to manage pain. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.