Is Massage Therapy covered by your insurance?
No Fault (auto accident) insurance will cover massage therapy. Our massage therapist will do the billing, and in most cases will have no out of pocket expense. Most major medical insurance plan do not cover massage therapy although occasionally there are exception in some contracts.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is the assessment and treatment of the soft tissues and joints of the body by hands-on manipulation.
Massage can be defined as the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body for therapeutic purposes. It uses a system of strokes that include gliding, kneading, friction, pressure, tapping and vibrating. In addition, massage therapists may engage in active and passive movements of the joints, use auxiliary mechanical devices, apply heat and cold in various forms, and instruct clients on exercises to achieve improved muscle tone circulation, and range of motion. We also accepts No Fault Insurance and major medical insurance if you qualify
An excellent form of preventive health care:
Massage therapy melts away stress and tension, relieving associated headaches and muscular aches and pains. Massage therapy aids in the healing process from injury or over-use, and is an excellent form of preventive health care. Its purpose is to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function and relieve pain. Massage therapy modalities include hydrotherapy, remedial exercise, myofascial and trigger point therapy. Massage therapy compliments chiropractic care perfectly.
The benefits of massage:
- Stretches superficial tissue.
- Assists lymphatic and venous flow.
- Helps to break up and loosen subcutaneous tissue adhesions.
- Can help reduce certain types of edema.
- Stimulates the sensory receptors (nerves) of the skin and deeper tissue.
Massage Therapy is recommended for:
- Relief of chronic stress /tension.
- Relief of pain/spasm.
- Repetitive strain injuries.
- Sprains/strains/athletic injuries.
- Pregnancy discomforts/post partum.
- Postural disorders/muscle rehabilitation.
- Lymphatic drainage.
- Improved circulation.
What are the different types of massage?
- Maya Abdominal Massage: an alternative treatment that has been known and practiced by healers and midwives for thousands of years. It is an external, non-invasive manipulation which repositions abdominal and reproductive organs .
- Deep Tissue: releases the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contacted areas, either following or going across the grain of muscles, tendons and fascia. It is called deep tissue, because it also focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue.
- Myofascial Release: is a form of bodywork that is manipulative in nature and seeks to re-balance the body by releasing tension in the fascia. Long, stretching strokes are utilized to release muscular tension.
- Reflexology: massage based around a system of points in the hands and feet thought to correspond to all areas of the body.
- Shiatsu / Acupressure / AMMA: Oriental based systems of finger-pressure which treat special points along acupuncture "meridians" (the invisible channels of energy that flow through the body).
- Sports Massage: massage therapy focusing on muscle systems relevant to a particular sport.
- Swedish Massage: a system of long strokes, kneading and friction techniques on the more superficial layers of the muscles, combined with active and passive movement to the joints.
- Trigger Point Therapy (also known as Myotherapy or Neuromuscular Therapy): applies concentrated finger pressure to "trigger points" (painful irritated areas of spasm and pain in muscles).
Our massage therapist is a graduate from the NY College of Health Professions and is Licensed in Massage Therapy in the state of NY, as well as being Nationally Certified.
He has a Certification in Health Fitness Instruction from Hofstra University & The International Sports Science Association. While in the same building as Picard Chiropractic both maintain separate affiliations.
The dedication our patients health and wellness creates a truly inspirational treatment for each individual.