At-Home Chiropractic Exercises
You have probably experienced back pain at least once during your lifetime. While we always recommend consulting with our spine specialist in Huntington NY, Dr. Picard is happy to share some chiropractic exercises you can do at home to help relieve back pain and keep active. (As always, please consult with our chiropractor before beginning an exercise program.)
Our spine specialist in Huntington NY always recommends that you incorporate exercises and stretches into your daily routine and workout regiment. Our team wants to note that you should not perform any exercises or stretches that cause you more pain or discomfort. Here are some suggestions for exercises you can do to help combat back pain:
- Start on your stomach with both legs together and your hands face down by your shoulders.
- With the front of both your feet flat, press up with your hands and lift your chest and head. Make sure your hips are touching the floor for support.
- As you stretch, tilt your head backward. Make sure you keep your shoulders down and lengthen your spine.
- Stay in this position for a moment, then gently lower yourself down to the starting position.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
- Start by laying flat on your back with your knees bent. Make sure your feet are flat on the floor.
- Press both feet into the ground, and lift from your hips.
- Bring your hands together under your tailbone, and press through the shoulders to keep your hips up. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Bring your hands towards your sides, and slowly bring the hips down.
- Repeat 5 times.
Knee to Chest Stretch
- Once again, start flat on your back with your knees bent. Make sure both heels are flat on the floor.
- Put both of your hands behind your right knee and pull it up to your chest. Hold this for 10-15 seconds.
- Return to your starting position, and repeat with the other leg.
These are just a small fraction of the different exercises you can do at home to relieve your pain. If you are interested in learning more exercises you can do from the comfort of your home, visit our spine specialist in Huntington NY today.
Contact Our Spine Specialist in Huntington, NY
At Dr. Picard’s office, we strive to provide our patients with the tools and resources they need to safely and effectively overcome their pain. If you are interested in learning more about our chiropractic care or would like to begin treatment, contact our team today!